South-Western City School District
Bylaws & Policies


Permission for a student to leave school when school is in session will require approval by the principal or a person specifically designated by him/her to exercise that authority. In evaluating requests for this permission, the authority will give primary consideration to the best interest of the student and/or public welfare. Requests will not be approved without a parent's or guardian's permission. When a request originates from a person other than the parents or guardian, the authority will contact the parent or guardian or a person designated on the student's emergency medical form to obtain permission, except those students who are eighteen (18) years of age or older may sign for themselves.

R.C. 3313.20, 3313.64

Adopted 10/8/90