Kent City Community Schools
Administrative Guidelines


Students who qualify for admission to District schools, in accordance with Board of Education Policy 5111, shall be accepted when the following documents have been submitted:



a birth certificate or other appropriate documentary evidence



court orders or placement papers, if applicable



proof of residency consisting of a deed, building permit, rental agreement, tax statement, voter registration card, or completion of Form 5111 F2b



a minor student who is also a parent must provide evidence that s/he is living in a living environment supervised by a responsible adult

If a birth certificate is not available, the parent is to complete Form 5111 F1 and submit the documentary evidence called for therein. If custody has been established by the courts, a copy of the court order must be submitted. If such verification is not received within thirty (30) days or the document appears to be inaccurate or suspicious, the principal shall notify the local law enforcement agency.

Students without appropriate records will be admitted under temporary enrollment for a period of thirty (30) days, unless extended by the principal. Parents are to be so informed at the time of admission.



The sending school shall be contacted within twenty-four (24) hours of the student's entry into the school and requested to send all appropriate records.



If the school indicates no record of the student's attendance, or the records are not received within fourteen (14) days of the date of request, or if the student does not present a certification of birth or other documentary evidence, the principal shall immediately notify the law enforcement agency where the student resided and the local law enforcement agency that s/he may be a missing child.

Immunization requirements are to be in accordance with AG 5320. The staff member enrolling the student is to check the immunization record the parent submits against the requirements listed in AG 5320 to determine if there are any discrepancies or missing inoculations. If so, the parent is to be informed that the needed inoculations must be completed within the next two calendar weeks or as soon thereafter as the schedule for the missing inoculations permits. The principal is to be provided the names of all children who have not met the immunization requirements and the dates by which missing inoculations are to be completed.

A student shall be considered homeless under Federal law (42 U.S.C. 11431 et seq) if s/he is an individual who:



lacks a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence;



has a primary nighttime residence that is:



a supervised publicly or privately operated shelter designed to provide temporary living accommodations (including welfare hotels, congregate shelters, or transitional housing for the mentally ill);



an institution that provides temporary residence for individuals intended to be institutionalized;



a public or private place not designed for, or ordinarily used as, a regular sleeping accommodation for human beings.

Students transferring from another school district must submit an official transcript from the sending school in order for the student to receive credit for course work. Report cards will not be considered sufficient evidence for granting credit toward graduation.

© Neola 2002