John Glenn School Corporation
Administrative Guidelines


Students who qualify for provisional enrollment in the Corporationís schools and programs in accord with Board Policy 5111 shall be accepted for enrollment when one or more of the following documents confirms the studentís right to attend school in the Corporation:

 A.a birth certificate or other appropriate documentary evidence

 B.a court order establishing child custody or appointing a legal guardian

If a birth certificate is not available, the parent is to complete Form 5111 F1 and submit the documentary evidence called for therein. If custody has been established by the courts, a copy of the court order must be submitted. If such verification is not received within thirty (30) days or the document appears to be inaccurate or suspicious, the principal shall notify the local police.

Students without appropriate records will be provisionally enrolled for a period of thirty (30) days, unless extended by the principal. Parents, a legal guardian, or an eligible student shall be advised what is required for full enrollment at the time of the studentís provisional enrollment.

The last school attended by the student shall be contacted at the time of the studentís provisional enrollment and placement and requested to send all appropriate records.

If the last school attended indicates no record of the student's attendance, or the records are not received within fourteen (14) days of the date of request, or if the student does not present a certification of birth or other documentary evidence, the principal shall immediately notify the law enforcement agency where the student resided and the local police that s/he may be a missing child.

Immunization requirements are to be in accordance with AG 5320.

High school students transferring from another school corporation must submit an official transcript from the sending school in order for the student to receive credit for course work. Report cards will not be considered sufficient evidence for granting credit toward graduation.

If there is a dispute concerning residency or legal guardianship, the student will be provisionally enrolled pending resolution of the dispute.

Special considerations apply to enrollment of homeless students. Refer to Policy 5111.01 and AG 5111.01 for information.

I.C. 20-26-11-2; 20-26-11-2.5; 20-26-11-32

Revised 10/04
Revised 5/06
Revised 11/21/06
Revised 3/4/14
Revised 1/6/15

© Neola 2014